The blaze at 3207 Route 212 was reported to Ulster County 911 about 3:25 p.m. Tuesday, the fire department said in a press release.
The residents and their cat had gotten out safely before firefighters arrived, Chief Kevin Peters said.
Peters said the basement sustained “moderate to significant damage” and that first- and second-floor damage was limited to smoke and “minor overhaul” impact.
The Ulster County Fire Investigation Unit determined a “significant electrical event” in the basement caused the blaze, Peters said....
Read the full story