House fire in hamlet of Wallkill claims five pets; resident suffers smoke inhalation

Daily Freeman-10 months before

A resident of 228 Lippincott Road reported the fire in the two-story home about 8:20 p.m. Sunday, Chief Nick Walker said. He said firefighters were at the scene within three minutes and found the garage and a four-door pickup that was parked outside engulfed in flames.

Firefighters encountered heavy smoke and “intense heat” at the front door, Walker said, explaining that because the home is made of brick, it contains heat and acts “like an oven.”

One resident and a firefighter were taken to a hospital for treatment, Walker said. He did not provide their names.
...>Walker said the resident was treated for smoke inhalation. The chief declined to discuss the firefighter’s injury but said it was not smoke-related and that he had been released.

Read the full story

Related Tags